Below is a list of links to the content on our pages:
Posts by category
- Category: News
- Category: Staff
- Category: Working
- Category: Work For
- Category: Work With
- We model the risk of the avian flu epidemic for Defra
- HM Treasury publish the Magenta Book Supplementary Guide on Handling Complexity in Policy Evaluation, co-authored by risk solutions as members of a CECAN team
- with risk solutions support, DfT publish policy proposals for the future of Longer Semi-trailers, alongside our latest annual report on the trial
- SaviRPM is launched and railway clients use this powerful decision support tool for timetable option appraisal, modelling effects of social distancing on service performance, and tackling other ways to improve service performance.
- Building on research work funded by RSSB, we are retained by Great Western Railway and Network Rail to use our innovative agent-based Rail Performance Model, to help test new timetables to be issued in December 2019.
- Risk Solutions begins work with climate resilience experts from WSP, ADAS and UCL to help the Climate Change Committee understand how climate change risks interact to affect outcomes to the economy, the environment and the wellbeing of individuals.
- Risk Solutions is retained to continue evaluation of a trial of a new type of HGV trailer (the Longer Semi-trailer) a position we have held since 2012.
- We are appointed by BEIS to evaluate their 5-year Heat Networks Investment Project.
- We deliver the first Impact Assessment of a major policy reform in the UK using an agent-based model of options for reform of the licensing regime for water abstraction.
- We deliver the SRM to Highways England; a comprehensive model of safety risks on the strategic road network. Highways England staff use the model to support safety risk decisions without having to seek external help from consultants.
- We provide safety assurance of summer events in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- We are appointed as the independent evaluators for DfT's 10-year trial of Longer Semi-trailers - their most extensive data collection and engagement project.
- We develop the model, still used by the HSE, to estimate the aggregate costs to the UK economy of fatalities and injuries at work and work-related ill health.
- We are commissioned to develop a traffic flow simulator and virtual reality model of the UK's first managed (Smart) motorway scheme – the model is used to train SMART motorway operators.
- The National Audit Office appoints us to quality review its value for money reports.
- We use Exodis to help support Defra’s decision-making during the 2007 outbreak of FMD.
- International Power commission us to develop and implement an operational risk management framework (OPERA) across its global organisation.
- We use our unique disease spread simulation and decision support tool, Exodis, to model avian influenza for Defra.
- We develop security of energy supply models for the Department of Trade and Industry and Ofgem using Bayesian Belief Nets (dependency models).
- Risk Solutions provides independent assurance of the risk management arrangements for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Celebration Weekend.
- We carry out a highly participative modelling exercise involving Defra officials, farmer and rural business representatives, the Government’s Chief Scientific Advisor and No 10, which results in changes to disease risk management legislation. The approach generates unprecedented levels of buy-in to the changes in what had been a highly controversial and contested area.
- Remember the sheep brains that turned out to be cow? Defra commission Risk Solutions to find out what happened.
- We design UNESCO’s first risk management framework.
- We provide independent assurance of the risk management for the Millennium Eve.
- We help London Underground Limited assess the risks of moving to the PPP (Public Private Partnership)