WSP is a worldwide, leading consultancy and engineering company working across Transport and Infrastructure, Property and Buildings, Environment and Energy, and Industry and Resources. Risk Solutions has had a 10-year partnership with WSP working on a range of innovation and research projects, mainly in the transport sector.
We choose to work with WSP because of their breadth of expertise in engineering and operations across a wide range of clients and sectors we hold in common. We also find that they share our ethos of high quality, intelligent and responsive delivery.
- FSAThe Food Standard Agency are an independent Government department working across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to protect public health and consumers’ wider interests in food. Their aim is to use their expertise and influence so that people can trust that the food they buy and eat is safe and honest. This project, delivered ...Read more
- CCRAClimate change affects many sectors, but the way that climate change risks interact between sectors is not well understood. Risk Solutions are working with climate resilience experts from WSP, ADAS and UCL, helping the Climate Change Committee (CCC) better understand how climate related risks interact and how the effects of risks cascading through ...Read more
- Development of a Network Performance ModelThe network performance model (NPM) was developed for Highways England by Risk Solutions. It is a software model that supports analysis of traffic performance on the strategic road network (SRN). It is used by the HA national intelligence unit (NIU) to support their analysis of network performance. Highways England uses this type of analysis ...Read more
- Developing a Safety Risk ModelRisk Solutions has developed a comprehensive Safety Risk Model that analyses the risks to road users, road workers and Traffic Officers associated with the operation, maintenance and improvement of the Strategic Road Network (SRN) in England. The work involves sophisticated data analytics and visualisation of complex road safety risk.Read more
- Drug Driving evaluationOur evaluation of the first year of operation of the drug driving legislation introduced in 2015 has been published by the Department for Transport.Read more
- Value for money decision support tool for HS2HS2 Ltd faces many design decisions in the delivery of high speed rail in the UK. Each design decision has cost implications, and crucially, implications for delivery of benefits. WSP and Risk Solutions have created a whole life value tool for HS2. HS2 and ITS contractors are now using the tool to measure and compare ...Read more
- Longer Semi-Trailer TrialLonger-semi trailers (LSTs) allow more goods to be transported at once, allowing operators to reduce the number of lorries on the road for the same total quantity of cargo. DfT are trialling use of these new trailers on roads in Great Britain and Risk Solutions have been retained since 2012 to carry out the independent evaluation ...Read more